Fears for trapped south african miners — An army of armed and masked men swept into the region around KwaZulu Natal, with hundreds of police armed with machine guns and snipers on the streets, as authorities investigated hundreds of suspicious packages found in homes. The authorities also said they were dealing with reports that a bomb is under construction inside a petrol station in the capital city. Thousands of armed police officers were de대전 마사지ployed to cope with the threat, which was confirmed to be a hoax. The state police, who also launched an investigation into the security inci바카라 스토리dent, released a statement confirming an exp더킹 카지노losion in a petrol station earlier on Saturday morning. Officials said it was caused by someone «who thought there was something dangerous in the petrol station». But a state police spokesperson said they were investigating whether it was related to the suspicious packages found in homes in the area. The authorities have declared a state of emergency in the capital city, Natal. The explosion happened in the KwaZulu-Natal area. «Security was maintained by the police at all points and the situation has now been declared to be a hoax, at the latest. Police units and emergency services are standing by to investigate and ensure residents are safe. The situation has been deemed a hoax. No threat to the public and we are confident that local residents will remain safe,» the statement said. The state’s chief minister Mmusi Maimane, who has been criticised for failing to act on the bomb threat, had said police would respond to any report of suspicious packages in the area. But the president Mladiwe Nkwanyi told Reuters that the situation did not appear to be related to the bomb threat. «The threat has been eliminated so far, but I don’t think this is something the government can completely ignore, because the threat has not abated», he said. ‘We do not know’ Whether the incident was connected to the bomb threat or just a hoax, Mr Nkwanyi was unable to provide further details. However, there are fears that the threat, which started on October 15, could be connected to a threat made by a man who called police on Tuesday and claimed he had explosives in his house. The threatening phone call has been reported to police on numerous occasions and has triggered alarm across the country.
At an emergency meeting of the country’s parliament yesterday, Minister for Human Resources and Health Sibusiso Mbalula was forced to assure lawmakers that his government was committed to protecting the country’s jobs, infrastructure and security.
Mr Mbalula said the government had the highes